On Papmochani Ekadashi, devotees fast in the hopes of gaining freedom from their sins, hardships, and problems. When practised regularly, Pammochani Ekadashi can help you achieve a state of inner calm and contentment that is essential to living a full, happy life. On Papmochani Ekadashi, all of us devotees unite in devotion to Lord Vishnu in hopes of receiving God’s abundant blessings.
To appease the Shree Hari, devotees typically keep the fast with unwavering devotion and unshakeable faith. They acquire the qualities of invincibility, independence, and contentment.
If you follow the teachings of Hindu Mythology, your present and previous misdeeds will be erased forever. Since you have the good fortune to be living in a time when Papmochani Ekadashi is observed annually, you have a shot at being completely freed from all your sins.
Papamochani Ekadasi Date 2023
Saturday, 18th March 2023 to Sunday, 19th March 2023 From 6:27 AM to 8:07 AM
Dwadashi Ends on the Day of Paran Tithi – at 08:07 am
Ekadashi Date Starts – March 17, 2023, at 02:06 pm
Ekadashi Date Ends – March 18, 2023, at 11:13 am
Papamochani Ekadasi Rituals
- Vishnu’s murti (image, portrait, or painting) should be displayed on a yellow cloth and hung in the home’s easternmost window.
- When conducting the pooja, do it while facing east.
- The person doing the puja should dress in yellow.
- Fill a Kalash with water and add chana dal. Use a coconut and some mango leaves to seal the kalash. Put this next to your Vishnu statue or painting.
- Mentally pray to the god Ganesha.
- Pure cow ghee is what should be used to light the lamp (mix some honey in the ghee). In most cases, 11 wicks are ideal.
- Chandan must be used for dhoop.
- Flowers in the colour yellow should be presented.
- Give out bags of raw rice.
- Dole out some paste made from white sandalwood.
- Yellow flowers’ scent is being offered as a gift. Give some Tulsi leaves.
- Provide a yellow banana or other fruit that is in season.
- Give them some milk and real honey. Honey and milk can be used in cooking as well. It’s better to wait till later with the whole family and the wife.
- If you want to get the most out of the benefits of chanting this mantra ॐ पुण्याय नमः, you should do it 108 times. If you can, use a Tulsi mala to keep track of your repetitions.
- The chana dal and water in the kalash should be left under a peepal tree once the puja is finished.
- Do These Things on Papamochani Ekadasi
- If you’re having trouble getting through life, try sprinkling some lal chandan over some karpur and then lighting it on fire.
- Fill the conch (shankh) with water and perform the Aarti of Vishnu seven times to bring about tranquility and success in life.
- To satisfy a cow’s cravings, feed it a banana and some honey.
Papamochani Ekadasi Mantra
ॐ पुण्याय नमः॥
Om Punyaya Namah
Significance of Papamochani Ekadasi
Lord Krishna explained to Yudhishtira the significance of Papamochani Ekadasi, and this is documented in the Bhavishyottara Purana. Manju Ghosha, an Apsara, is supposed to have enticed Sage Medhavi into marriage. The Apsara intended to go back to Devaloka after some time had passed, but the Sage strongly opposed this.
The Apsara, however, would not listen to the sage, so the sage became enraged and cursed the Apsara, turning her into a witch. As the sage had promised, if she fasts on this specific Ekadasi, the curse will be lifted. After seeing his own foolishness in falling for the Apsara’s trap, the sage resolved to observe Papamochani Ekadashi as well. ‘Papa’ signifies sin,’ and ‘Mochini’ means ‘to get away. Therefore, the sole benefit of this Ekadashi is the eradication of sin and the guilt it brings.